Excursion Destinations & Sights in Salzburg
So much to do on your summer holiday in Austria
Summer holidays in Austria are incredibly special. Our unique location in the middle of the Hohe Tauern National Park not far from Salzburg, the city of Mozart, is perfect for excursions and day trips.
Be sure to plan time for excursions during your summer holiday in Salzburg. A day exploring nearby sights — from cultural gems in Salzburg’s Old Town or natural wonders in the Salzburg Alps — is sure to pay off!
Excursion destinations and sights in Salzburger Land
- Liechtenstein Gorge: not far from Grossarl
- Giant Ice Caves in Werfen: the largest and most beautiful ice caves in the world
- Grossglockner high-alpine road and Ferleiten Wildlife Park
- Krimml waterfalls and Worlds of Water
- Kaprun hydropower plant with reservoir and interactive exhibits
- Hohenwerfen Fortress with Middle Ages programme and birds of prey show
Sights and attractions in the city of Salzburg
Just about an hour’s drive (30km A-road and 40km motorway to the Salzburg Süd exit) from Grossarl await world-famous sights in Salzburg, the city of Mozart!
- Salzburg Old Town
- Hohensalzburg Fortress
- Salzburg Cathedral
- Mozart’s Birthplace
- Getreidegasse shopping street
- Haus der Natur museum & science centre
- Mirabell Palace and Gardens
- Hellbrunn Palace, Park and Trick Fountains
- Zoo Salzburg
Want some insider tips for your excursion to Salzburg? Our very own Tina Neudegger is originally from Salzburg and knows the city of Mozart like the back of her hand — she’ll be happy to share some interesting tips for your day trip. Find the perfect hotel room for your summer holiday in Austria and send us your non-binding enquiry for a stay at the Nesslerhof hotel in Grossarl!