Choose a table in one of our rustic, stylish parlours or our vault; dine in our sunny restaurant; or enjoy your meal under our breath-taking timber ceiling. Regardless of where you choose to dine in our restaurant in Grossarl, you can expect first-class service and the highest-quality food at the Nesslerhof Restaurant!
We are proud and very grateful to serve you dishes that our kitchen crew whip up from the best local products, each and every day. For us, one thing is certain: you can truly taste our love for the products we use and the time that every farmer puts into their work. Even our grandmothers would have agreed.
In the past, hotel owner Hermann was the one at the stove creating amazing dishes. Today, his other hotel duties prevent him from spending too much time in the kitchen. Instead, our excellent team of chefs take charge. Hermann still likes to keep an eye on the goings-on in our kitchen and, as a guest, you can enjoy these creations every evening! Guests staying at our luxury hotel in Austria do not need to reserve a table — a space is reserved for you each evening.
Not an overnight guest of the Nesslerhof? You can still book a table at the Nesslerhof Restaurant in Grossarl! Simply call us on 0043 6414 81200 or contact us at email@example.com to book your table.
We’re proud of what we serve
The best local products for our guests
Our grandmothers were culinary trendsetters — were yours, too? Just think about it: their food was exclusively local and organic before it was trendy. Gran baked bread herself and meat always followed the “nose to tail” principle: every part was used, not just the fillet and other premium cuts. As you can see, things that are popular today were a matter of course for our grandmothers all those years ago.
So in a way, not much has changed for us. We don’t need to follow trends — we have loved organic, local and sustainable foods since day one. For us, at the Nesslerhof Restaurant, the fact that the Grossarl Valley is home to so many natural products that are grown and made practically just down the street is a gift.
- Our baker Toni probably has the lowest CO2 footprint of all of our suppliers. Every day he brings us fresh bread and heavenly pastries made in his bakery just across the street.
- Our butter is made by local farmer Elisabeth. Not only does she “buttern” (“make butter”, as we say here in Grossarl), she also makes curd cheese, yoghurt, whey, cheese and cream cheese — all with lashings of love.
- Our honey comes from Anni and Sepp Inhög, our “power farmers”, as we like to call them. The Inhögs’ bees have it made — after all, they live on the sunny side of the Grossarl Valley.
- Due to the thriving wildlife in Grossarl, we are fortunate to obtain game straight from our forests.
- Wonderful sheep’s milk products such as yoghurt and cheese come from the Hub farm, and our goat’s cheese is delivered to us from the Loosbühelalm alp.
- Fresh fish comes from the alpine lakes, rivers and streams of the Hohe Tauern National Park. Look forward to local salmon trout, rainbow trout, brook trout and Arctic char.
- We serve homemade sausage and speck from our very own butcher’s shop. The Nesslerhof is still a part-time farm, just as it once was — and that is something we are proud of.
- Guess how many eggs we use each year? 15,000! That of course means we need many hardworking hens. Most of our eggs come from the Wandlehn farm.