Austria’s Grossarl Valley is the perfect destination for family summer holidays in the Alps. Grossarl and the entire region offer excellent excursion destinations and things to do on your summer family holiday in Austria. The team at the Hotel Nesslerhof also play an important role in ensuring a successful summer family holiday.
Your hosts are parents themselves — their three girls keep Tina and Hermann on their toes, and they know exactly what makes kids (and parents) happy. From fun hikes in the Hohe Tauern National Park to pony rides, family bike rides through to games — your family holiday in Austria will be anything but boring!
Fun and games
Time with the family is to be savoured: running around in the lush green grass, sharing a laugh and having an easy, unforgettable family summer holiday in the Alps!
Family hikes in Grossarl
Family hiking trails especially designed for families are particularly popular with visitors of all ages:
- Puzzle hike in Hüttschlag
- Fairy-tale hikes with Andrea Seer
- Chalet adventures for kids at the Aualm alp
Nearly all of the 40 farmed alps in the Grossarl Valley are pram-friendly.
The Rucki-Zucki alp for kids
Get ready for some excitement, adventure and lots of fun things to do on your family summer holidays in the Alps. The Rucki-Zucki alp is like a huge outdoor playground and is just 5 minutes from our wellness hotel in Grossarl. And the best part: it is all free for our guests!
- Chalets just waiting to be discovered
- GoKart track for future racers
- Alp lake with raft crossing
- Petting zoo with bunnies and guinea pigs
- Play area with swings, slides, sandbox, hanging bridge and much more
- Crystal mine
- Beach volleyball court and street football pitch